Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elderahn

Back to Guilds

A fantasy slice of life role play centered around romance, friendship and drama with a splash of action. 

Tags: Role Playing, Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Comedy 

Reply Elderahn [ North ]
The Jolly Flower [ Flower Shop ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elderahn
Captain

Tipsy Phantom

5,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

Philip was busy growing new flowers in his new pots, it had been a busy day and many of the items were sold out so he had to restock. It was his favorite part of the job, growing things felt good, using his powers to make new beautiful flowers and herbs was just satisfying. He was also thinking of what he would pick up for food on the way home, not to cook but take out. His daughter was going out less and less, it was a bit worrying but it was a dangerous world! Especially for an adorable little princess like Nora. It near closing time in his tiny shop and he was going to close once he finished restocking  

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm
User Image
Felix
[ Outfit // Mood: Optimistic // With: Philip Lindsly ]

━━━━━━━x x━━━━━x x━━━━━━━

With a flyer in hand, Felix made his way to the flower shop, his body covered entirely in his thick brown cloak. He noticed a pink haired man tending to the flowers, this had to be the shop owner.. he looked the type to sell flowers. "Excuse me sir." He called out to the man, "Are you the proprietary of this establishment?" Asked the young man holding up the flyer he found on a bulletin board.

"I come seeking employment, I happen to be well-versed in plant-life."
He said expecting some type of quiz to ensure he could do the job.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:30 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

Philip paused in growing his roses and looked up at the young man approaching. "Hmmm....yes yes I own this establishment " he said with pride smiling and standing up straight. He looked at the flyer he had put up and frowned slightly. Why had the man taken the flyer! What if he didn't want to hire this man? Then no one else would know he's hiring...He didn't want to make a new flyer, it took a lot of effort to make that one! Well..he had Nora make it, she was good at doing that kind of thing. "Well...if you are well versed in plant life then well...You're hired!" he said with a smile. The flyer had been up for a week and he had no one else attempt to come and try to work here so he may as well hire. he couldn't be picky seeing as no one else seemed to want to work here.  

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm
User Image
Felix

The man's own smile faltered when Philip hired him without question. He expected some type fo interview, where his knowledge had to be put to the test, or have his name taken. "Ah, thank you sir." He said with a light chuckle, "Yes well, my name is Felix."

Felix peered into the flower shop, examining it's dimensions. It was small, but could easily fit a large person laying down. "If I may inquire, sir, do you offer boarding as well?" Asked Felix as he pointed into the shop. If he could in a new town, he would try and board into the local shop he found employment in. This one had hardly enough room for two people, but it would do.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

Phil smiled and nodded. "Yes well not many people are too interested in taking care of flowers I suppose" Even though it was a business that did rather well considering witches and the like used his flowers for magic. He had many regular customers as well. "My name is Philip, but you can just call me Phil. Nice to meet you Felix"

His smile fell when he was asked about the boarding question. He looked behind him into the shop and raised an eye brow. "I...uh..well no. No I'm not..." he said with a frown and raised one eye brow. "It's a flower shop. It's small..Y-you can't just stay here. I don't even know you! Y-you know theres an inn down that ways a bit...not too expensive you know. "

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:54 pm
User Image
Felix

Felix gave him a gentle smile, "It's more than enough room don't be worried about me." He said dismissing his suggestions of staying in the inn. He peered into the shop and nodded, "I can watch the shop at night for robbers, might need it with the recent pot thieves going around..."

He nodded and patted Philip on the shoulder. "Yes that works, I'll watch the shop at night for robbers, and in exchange for my services I'll stay here at night." He then changed the subject immediately, "So I'll start by.. cleaning." He said wondering if Phil had a broom. Felix took a finger and touched soil from a pot, "And water the plants." They were very dry, did Philip even water them? They looked far too healthy to be left in this condition.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:04 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

Phil scowled at how the man dismissed his inn suggestion. It was a damn fine inn! "Pot theifs...? What?" he asked with confusion in his voice, he hadn't heard of any of those around before. Who really needed pots so badly? Though if it was true pots were the only expense he really had. Uh...alright I suppose..." he hoped he wasn't making a mistake and this man wouldn't steal anything or make a mess of his shop.

He didn't clean to much, he needed an assistant for that. Philip owned the establishment! He didn't need to clean, that was for the people that worked for him.Phil went in and got the broom and handed it to the man. "Yes cleaning is always a good start!" he said brightly. "Oh and no need to water the plants. I grow them myself. With magic. They don't need water or good soil or any of that nonsense. " Phil walked over to a pot full of dirt and placed his hands above it, a stem rose up from the dirt and large beautiful flowers bloomed. "Ta daa" he said beaming.

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm
User Image
Felix

Felix looked at the man with a raised brow, "But sir, if you grow them with your magic, wouldn't they die under someone else's care after a few days?" If they really had inferior soil and improper care. "Yes I'll handle this. Let me procure some better soil." Under the company account he would open at the general store.

He found a rag and began tidying the inside of the shop, that was when he spotted a very beautiful flower. "Sir Philip... where did you get this plant?" He asked directly. The flower was very beautiful, and also one of the deadliest alchemy ingredients known. "I thought you needed a permit to sell these..." He said, peering into the flower shop's walls and seeing no official permit.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:48 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

Phil frowned at the man,"Well...thats why I get a lot of repeat customers. Besides I'm sure they know" actually most people didn't know Philip used magic for all their flowers, they just assumed they were bad with plants. It sometimes affected their self esteem. Phil didn't like the idea of getting better soil, he just used soil from the ground out back of his house...it was cheaper that way. "I don't know...good soil costs money.." he may be rather well off but he grew up poor so he was rather stingy.

"A permit? To sell a flower? Why would you need one of those?" he asked with a light chuckle and continued to restock his plants by growing them with his magic. "Well I saw it in a book, I can grow a plant just by seeing it even in a book, and well I thought it was just such a pretty flower so I grew it. Must of sold about ...I'd say around 8 of them today alone." he said pridefully.

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:12 pm
User Image User Image
Felix

"What if someone opens up a competing flower shop? They would run you out of business, or worse. I was at the general store before coming here, they were selling decorative flowers." They were actual decorative plants, but Felix didn't ask any questions. Hearing Philip talk only increased his eye growing look of pure awe. He wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Well if you did have a permit it would make sense.. selling them to people who also have permits from the guild, this is called Deadly Fog Grass, you use it in alchemy to make, well a very poisonous fog." Felix smiled at him, he might have forgotten he had a permit, no one would be that dull to look at pictures in a book without reading the actual page. "But if you don't, well it's extremely illegal, and if a guard saw it they would surely arrest you."

Alice walked down the city street with an ice cream cone that she kept stopping to strategically eat before it melted onto her head. She was heading on her way to see Philip while on her route, something she did every day this time a day. she wore her usual light leather armor, and instead of having the standard town guard helmet, she had a shoulder-plate with the symbol fo commander. Not out of choice, she couldn't find a helmet to fit with her horns.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:32 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

Philip chuckled lightly "Competing flower shop? Naw, the flower business seems to be a very unlucky business. Other shops seem to run into some ...misfortune" he said with a smile, but there was a slight menacing undertone. He also thought that thee general store was going to run into some sort of misfortune as well. Flowers were his thing.

His smile fell when he heard it was illegal to sell them "O-oh...but I just...it was in a book of flowers! It wasn't in a book of deadly flowers! I wouldn't even buy a book like that! Why would a flower be that deadly? That doesn't even make sense!" he said rather frantically. "Forget the guards!" he knew the guard captain had a crush on him. "I sold eight of those today!"

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:41 pm
User Image User Image
Felix

"Well yeah." He tried not to scoff, "That's so you know what flowers to avoid." With a shrug and a nod, he agreed. "I wouldn't be worried about the guard, no, more that they would have to report the incident to the alchemist guild, they would arrest you." And if Felix skipped town like he felt he should sometime soon, they would arrest him too.

Felix peeked past Philip to see a sheep-woman with the symbol of the guard, he quickly stepped into the flower shop and closed the doors. Taking the deadly flower, and placing it into his satchel. Philip was confident, but he didn't trust this man to avoid them both ending up in a cold cell in some capital city. "Hey Phil." Alice said as she approached him, eating her ice cream as she did.

"Weird question, but you wouldn't have sold some..." She reached into her coat pocket, taking out a piece of parchment with a drawing on it. "Deadly Fog Grass?" She asked with a raise brow, why would he sell something with that name she wondered. "I really doubt it, but I saw Old Ms Harrison on my way here with a couple of those, had to take it from her..." The old woman was not happy about that.

She revealed the parchment to him, with an exact drawing of the plant. Some of her ice cream melting into her hand, she sweared and started licking her fingers. Phil was a lot of things to Alice, but a deadly poison peddler wasn't one of them.

PreposterousPanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 pm
User Image
Philip Lindsly

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

Philip tried to maintain his composure to Alice shaking his head. "Ahah any of what? No? You mean those really pretty blue and yellow flowers? A-any of those? That I-...I..." He then grabbed her arm and pulled her into the flower shop. "I messed up! I just. I thought it was a pretty flower, just a pretty pretty flower. I-I sold like...hold on." he ran over to his register and flipped to the recites separating the ones that 'pretty pretty flowers' written on them. "Seven! I sold seven of them! You have to help me find them!" He went over to Felix and grabbed his shoulders. "You have to help me too, you work here now, you started today! The day the flowers were sold, you have to help too" then he would have Felix research all the flowers before he grew them.

━━━━━━━✿✿━━━━━━━━━━━━

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain

April Mourning
Vice Captain

Noob

7,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 pm
User Image User Image
Felix

Alice, expecting a no, continued to eat her ice cream. That is, until Phil took her into the shop, that was when it all fell apart. Her cone that is, as the ice cream fell off leaving her holding onto a cone. "What plants? There are no plants here--" Felix started, as he had hidden the plant in his bag of holding, next to a painting of a duck that one of his friends made him. "Oh gods dammit." He breathed out as Philip gave them away.

"What the ********> Swore out Alice as he admitted to the crimes. She hit him lightly on the arm, with her massive strength it would bruise for sure, and pulled them both into the small shop, closing the doors behind them. "You did WHAT?!" She screamed at him, shaking the whole shop. Alice placed her fingers between her eyes, holding her nose in stress and aggravation. "Phil, out of all the stupid crap you've done over the years, THIS has to be in the top three!"

Felix lit up, and said, "Ah, I get it now." Raising a finger, Alice looked at him expecting a good plan. "When you said '******** the town guard', you meant your girlfriend is in the town guard and you get away with anything. Of course." Alice flustered, and hit him square in the face, knocking him back. Felix quickly realized, she hit like ten men without trying. "You said WHAT?!" She screamed at Phil, tightening her fists that eagerly wanted to land square on his jaw if he said the wrong thing...

PreposterousPanda

Elderahn [ North ]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas