Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vendetta

Back to Guilds

Four Kingdoms at war, over a feud from long ago. Will they make peace or claim the land of their enemy? 

Tags: Role playing, Romance, Fighting, Kingdoms, Medieval 

Reply Castle Of Amaria
Amaria ► Callan's Chambers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Callan's bedchamber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 am

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

T h e x C r o w n e d x P r i n c e x o f x A m a r i a
J U S T I N I A N x K A L E N

Places: Callan's room xxxxFaces: Callan, and wine!

He snorted at the greeting from his brother. A complaint of whatever excuse she’d used to refuse Callan’s advances. “To be fair, you tend to forget a lot of girls’ names.” It turned to a laugh that quickly had him coughing to regain his composure. “In your defense, though, I would think few women would leave quite the impression as Lady Annakarah.” She certainly had a unique enough name to make it hard to forget her. He couldn’t manage to say it with too straight a face, but he did try.

Callan boasted it would only take him a few minutes to change. Justinian just shook his head, and fell into step next to his brother as he started them on their way towards his room. “I don’t know if I should let you drink. Isn’t drinking what got you in trouble to begin with?” He was only joking. He didn’t deny his father wine, he wouldn’t deny Callan. Unless Callan annoyed him. Then he had no problem watching him cry as he dumped it out in front of him. If his father annoyed him, he just waited until his back was turned, and dumped it so it seemed as if he drank it without realizing it.

He sighed, hearing Callan’s declaration about making the lady suffer right alongside him. “Not very chivalrous of you, Brother. If there’s any going down where the two of you are concerned, shouldn’t it be you on her?” He should be trying to endear himself to the lady by sparing her their father’s moods. Might work better in his favor. “Or has she already accepted your proposal of marriage, and agreed to bear the brunt of your tortures alongside you?” He was only joking. Callan, married? The man would likely kill himself first. A wife might put an end to his man-whoring. Their father put up with a lot from him, but Justinian wasn’t sure he’d abide Callan cheating on a fiancé or wife. That might be the one thing that was just too much of a fault for their father to shoulder by way of Callan’s bad behavior. Of all the things their father did, Justinian didn’t think anyone would be accusing his father of that sort of sin.

"Did you see the size of her horse?"

He flung himself down in one of the chairs in Callan’s chambers, pulling the cork from the bottle. “I did!” He laughed. “Made the mistake of climbing up behind her in the saddle, and got my a** knocked to the ground for it, too.” He could laugh at himself. Besides, if he didn’t tell his brother, the lady might just later. Best to make light of it now rather than get made the a**-end of a joke later. “Is that why she doesn’t like you, you think? She did lock you out of the bath instead of inviting you to join her. Maybe you’re just not wild enough a ride for her?” Oh, Callan was going to hate hearing that if he had any interest in the girl.

Part of him felt as if he should feel horrible for being amused by the prospect of a pretty girl turning his brother down. Few did. It had to be eating away at his brother on some level. Still, it was no end of amusement for Justinian, especially knowing that he wasn’t liked either. It wasn’t as if the girl had any grasping, gold-digging plans, or why not make nice with him by letting her borrow that horse of hers for his own plans, and then claim that dinner would be a fair trade?

Should I tell Father his prayers have been answered, and there’s a woman who will finally willing to make an honest man out of you?” He poured the wine, and smiled. “Or is it the other way around? You’re absolutely smitten, and want him to make a formal request to her father?” He held the glass out, just waiting to see if his brother would yell at him to shut up. “Shall we plan for a Winter wedding for you, do you think?

Tigerlvr_Bailey

PieknyMotyl

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 pm
Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ⇄ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ➳ Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ

Bᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅ ⇄ Tʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ’s ʜᴀʀᴅ ➳ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ.

User Image User Image User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Cᴀʟʟᴀɴ ↘↘ Tʜᴇ Bᴀsᴛᴀʀᴅ Sᴏɴ
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Wᴇʟʟ Jᴇsᴜs Cʜʀɪsᴛ﹐ 『I’ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ I’ᴍ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ⇄ ᴏғ ʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀғᴛᴇʀDᴏ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴏᴛDᴏ I ғʟᴏᴀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ↺ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɪʟɪɴɢ ➳

Dᴏ I ⇗ ᴅɪᴠɪᴅᴇ ➳ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀᴘᴀʀ.

Callan raised an eyebrow as his brother threatened not to allow him drink. "You wouldn't dare deny me my wine, would you, brother?" He asked in a horrified tone, waving off the comment about it being what got him in trouble. "Few interesting things ever happen when sober. Which is why I make it a point not to be." He added, as though it were some kind of defense. It rarely kept him out of trouble, though, in all honesty. Callan opened the door to his room as his brother continued to berate him for speaking poorly of how he planned to handle this situation with Lady Annakarah. He glanced back as the pair of them entered and gave Justinian a look of utter disgust. "What is with you and father and the subject of marriage today??" He snorted, closing the door once more and heading straight away for his wardrobe. He was eager to get into clothes that were more fitting.

"And besides," Callan added as he sifted through the wardrobe. "I've already tried going down that road." He pulled out a white top. "Twice." The frown that furrowed his brow was one of clear frustration. There weren't many women that he had no hope whatsoever of getting to, and he was afraid that this may be one of them. Justinian landed himself in one of Callan's chairs and began uncorking the wine bottle he had brought with him. The b*****d prince laughed at his brother's comment about being thrown off the horse. "I suppose it's a good thing I didn't give it shot, then." He stated, thinking back to how he had argued that he knew how to ride well enough, even hung over. He pulled out a pair of trousers next and laid out the clothing over the back of another chair before seating himself to yank off his boots. "You think that could be it?" He asked, almost hopeful. Perhaps a prince was too pretty for a Lady who had grown up in the wild. In any event, that prospect hurt his ego less than the simple fact that she just had no interest in him.

Callan scrunched up his face once more as Justinian continued spouting off about the possibility of marriage. "I don't think I've ever met a girl I've been that desperate to talk into my bed." He said with a laugh, throwing his boots to the side and taking the glass of wine his brother had poured for him. He took a few gulps. As Justinian kept going.

"Shall we plan for a Winter wedding for you, do you think?"

He nearly spat out his wine, and leaned over to smack his brother on the arm."I'd just as soon sit in the dungeons." He snorted, finishing off the glass and holding it out for more. "I'm quite sure that's how she'd prefer things as well. I do think she might be under the impression that I'm the most unclean thing to ever walk this Earth." He laughed, clearly amused by the whole thing. "I can't imagine how, I bathe regularly. Do you think I'm unclean, Brother?"

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home // his room ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Justinian ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:38 pm

He wouldn’t deny him the wine. Especially not after being told what his punishment would be. For all he knew, the only thing that would make things bearable for the man was the wine. Still, it was fun to tease him with-the prospect of denying him the liquid ambrosia. He also knew his brother could easily return the teasing in kind at another time. Always fun… “Well, Father is probably tired of your antics, and you are almost thirty,” he murmured with a joking sigh. “You should get yourself settled. Father was already married for years by the time he was your age. He probably thinks it’s about time you…Became a man. Responsibility, and all that!” He burst out with laughter. “Though, I do it just because I know it annoys you.

Twice?!” He chuckled. “That has to sting. I was just rejected the once when I offered to trade her a kiss for use of her horse for stud service…” He kicked at his brother. “Her exact words were along the lines of if she wanted something that wasn’t so hard to come by, she’d just come get it from you.” He couldn’t help but chuckle as he listened to his brother’s hopeful tones. It would probably sit better that she thought him too tame as opposed to undesirable. If Callan believed she thought him tame, then that just meant that he’d do something foolish, and they’d all have a bit of a laugh. “You could always ask her, and find out?” Or he could, but he wasn’t volunteering.

He only poured himself some wine, chuckling as his brother spout off about how he had never been so desperate to have a woman in his bed. “What was it father said? Why pay for the cow when you could have the milk for free?” He snorted. Getting married in order to get into a girl’s skirts did seem a bit much. Might as well pick someone you wanted to be married to. He tipped back his glass, emptying it before he had a second. He’d gone out trying to find Callan before their father realized he was gone. If anyone deserved a drink before dinner, it was him. “As for being unclean, your reputation is certainly preceding you, and not in a good way.” He chuckled, pricking at his brother’s ego a bit. “Then again, wasn’t she raised Gypsy? I know what rumors say, about how they’ll spirit away innocent young girls, and make whores of them, but I’ve honestly never seen a Gypsy man touch a female that he wasn’t married or related to. Maybe she just thinks your disgusting?

He held the bottle out to his brother to take if he wanted more. Really, the bottles usually had four or six glasses worth of drink in them, depending on how generously one poured. In the Kalen household, tended to be closer to four rather than six. “Should we save the drinking for dinner, or ask the servants bring more wine?” He’d leave it up to Callan. He could wait for dinner, or he could drink. Nice tossup for him.

Probably best to not try to play any of your games on her. Claude Beaumont is her father, and he is our father’s oldest friend. Only likely to bite you in the a** if you try.” It wasn’t meant as a challenge, but who knew how Callan would take it? “So, other than being absolutely enamored with our reluctant houseguest, how was your evening? Or do you remember it?

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 am
Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ⇄ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ➳ Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ

Wᴇʟʟ Jᴇsᴜs Cʜʀɪsᴛ﹐ 『I’ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ I’ᴍ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ⇄ ᴏғ ʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀғᴛᴇʀDᴏ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴏᴛDᴏ I ғʟᴏᴀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ↺ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɪʟɪɴɢ ➳

Callan rolled his eyes at his brother's teasing, which turned to laughter at the thought of the older of the brothers behaving responsibly. "Get settled..." He murmured under his breath, as though the idea repulsed him. "I'll get settled when being drunk and winning over women stops being so much fun." It might seem crude to anyone else, but to Callan it was more of a game. He just happened to be incredibly good at it. He would never force himself on a woman, or pay to sleep in the brothels. He always won his women fair and square -- even if it took a bit of pestering.

Callan snorted at his brother's comment as to the value of their kisses. He gave a shrug. "Well, I can hardly say she's wrong." He thought about Justinian's next suggestion, seemingly seriously considering it for a moment."I think she'd likely cut out my tongue if I asked her something like that. Perhaps you could do me the honor of finding out?" With a grin he stood back up from his chair, still needing to change out of the older man's clothes."I'm sure she'd be much more receptive to your asking on my behalf." He added, trying to convince him that she wouldn't kill the both of them instead.

He furrowed his brow as he went around to the other side of his changing screen -- out of habit more than actually caring what he did in front of his brother -- to pull off whatever it was Lady Annakarah had gifted him with, only to replace them with his own, more comfortable and fitting clothes. Finally he looked like a man of his own age again. He came back out, leaving the borrowed clothing in a pile on the floor and returned just as Justinian held the bottle out for him to take. He lifted his glass back up and refilled it, handing the bottle back and taking another gulp. "I can't say that that's much better." He muttered, seeming a bit off-put still by the fact that there was one woman in this world who wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. "None of the others seemed to care..." He complained with a wink, finishing off the second glass of wine just as quickly as the first and plopping back into the chair for a second time to pull his boots back on.

"As much as I would love to show up to dinner having already drunken myself into an abyss, I'm afraid I've been charged with making sure Lady Annakarah finds her way alright, and I'm quite sure I won't remember where I've put her should I go through more than one bottle before then." Callan explained, though there was always the possibility that he would find his way there anyways. He had a talent for doing so.

He squinted at Justinian, sitting back comfortably in his chair. "We'll see about that." He shrugged, letting a grin slide across his face. "Not that I have any hope of changing her mind.... But I'm sure I can get some form of amusement out of this set-up." Even if Lady Annakarah refused to fall for his advances, it wouldn't stop him from flirting simply to annoy the blonde and the King. It was amusing, even if it resulted in losing an ear or a finger.

He eyed his brother once more as he spoke, a mischievous look crossing over his face. "Oh, I had a lovely time, being reintroduced to ghosts of my past, and listening to father yell in my ear. It's yesterday's evening that I'm terribly afraid I'm having trouble recalling." He said with some amusement."I must admit I've no idea how I ended up all the way out by the Beaumont household. I woke up under a tree just up the road, if you can believe it." He recounted as though this were anything unusual for him. "And what did you get up to while I was away? I'm sure you missed me quite terribly." Callan gave a sigh, suggesting that his brother would not be able to function without him around to cause trouble.

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:35 am

You should at least pretend to be looking for a bride,” Justinian suggested. Seemed a good idea to him. It would hardly be proper for Justinian to wed before his older brother, but…Oh…Justinian knew exactly what would happen if his father decided he needed to wed for the good of the kingdom…Callan was ********. “Father is less likely to assign you one if he thinks you’re seriously looking. Wouldn’t hurt.” Save them all from a bit of tantrum, hopefully.

You want me to ask her if you’re too tame a ride for her?” He laughed, leaning back into the seat, his glass hanging from his fingers as he stared towards the rafters. “Lady Annakarah, my brother is quite taken with you, and can’t for the life of him figure out why you’re not as easily swept off your feet as most lovely ladies. We were wondering…Do you prefer your horse?” He laughed. “I won’t word it like that, but…I might…Tell her you wanted me to ask. Watch her go across the table at you with the dinner knife. Might be funny.

Callan muttered about the other ladies of his past never caring about where his c**k had been. “This one has standards, though as to what they are, your guess is as good as mine.” He chuckled. She’d knocked him off her horse, and she’d turned from Callan’s advances. “I hear her father has been looking into husbands for her, so you’d best be careful.” He let a dark grin turn up the corners of his mouth. “He, and Father could have made a drunken pact to marry their eldest children to each other if given the chance. Never know if they’ll remember it, and decide to decree it so.” Teasing his brother was fun. “We’d best make sure Father gets extra drunk so he blacks out before he remembers such events.” Wouldn’t be hard. Just keep his cup filled. He’d go into a rage, or go to sleep eventually.

He chuckled at Callan’s suggestion of easing off the wine until dinner. “Oh, such a pretty girl? You’d not forget where you put her, no matter how drunk you are.” He might forget the girl seemed to loathe him, but he certainly wouldn’t forget where to find her.

He had a sip of the wine, watching his brother grin as he declared he had no chance of changing the lady’s mind about some things, and the amusement he was sure to gain. “Careful. I hear she broke Lord Danaan’s nose when he tried to kiss her. Punched him so hard, he went back over a table, and flipped it overtop him.” He laughed, remembering the retelling of what had occurred. “I’d thought she would have been a lot bigger after hearing about that.” He shrugged. Could have been an exaggeration, but it was still a funny thought. Tiny creature like that knocking a man over a table.

Oh, you know it was fate,” he teased. “Just so you’d find the one woman who would always be denied you. The tantalizing bit of fruit forever out of your reach as you stand in the river of water you can never drink.” He chuckled, his body shaking slightly. “I went over reports. Thought I’d see if you wanted to go hunting, and you weren’t in your room, so I tried to hunt you down before Father found out. You weren’t in any of your usual haunts, so I’m afraid I didn’t get you back to the castle in time to spare you Father’s wrath.” He shrugged. Not a lot to be done about it now.

Your new girlfriend knocked me off her horse. She has sharp elbows.” He rubbed his chest. He wouldn’t be surprised if he had a bruise.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Callan turned up his nose at his brother's suggestion. "If the girls think I'm looking then they'll have.... expectations... Which I am not too keen on encouraging." He sounded very firm on the subject. "No, I'm not entirely sure father would subject any girl of status to that kind of suffering." He told his brother with a grin. Of course, Callan wasn't sure he would have the heart to go behind a woman's back, but that was why he avoided marriage altogether. He didn't want to find out. He enjoyed himself far too much, and as long as his father thought he would continue to do so no matter what, then he was hopefully relatively safe.

He laughed along with Justinian as he went on to play out what he would say to Lady Annakarah should he approach her about her lack of interest in the older male. "Wouldn't that be a show for dinner?" Callan mused. His face fell then, a horrified look crossing it. "Brother!" He exclaimed, a thought suddenly occurring to him. "You don't think..." He was drawing the statement out quite dramatically, but it was all for comedic effect."Could she... Perhaps... She thinks... I'm too old...?" He asked, hoping for some comfort to the contrary. His looks had not failed him before, and many women at court didn't care much about age, but there was always the possibility... As Justinian had said, most men his age were already long since married by now. This didn't actually bother him, and he knew that his brother would know he was just joking, but there could be some merit to it.

His frown only grew as Justinian suggested that he be careful. "Father would never subject me to that measure of torment.... Would he?" Callan asked in disbelief. It was true that the king enjoyed the suffering of his eldest son, and forcing him to spend time with a woman who hated him was one thing. Would he really go so far as to force that torment on him for the rest of his life though? Callan shuddered at the thought. "I'll hold on to the hope that he wouldn't make such a big decision just to watch me suffer..." He muttered, still half hoping that he was right. Then again, with father's temper and Callan's uncanny ability to push that temper to it's brink, you never really knew.

He raised an eyebrow, then. "You're right. I'd find my way there one way or another." He laughed. "Likely tripping over myself, but I'd make it." His laughter turned to a look of amusement then, at the thought of the small Lady Annakarah punching a man over a table. Callan could believe it, considering he had nearly brought on a similar fate once, when he had run into the girl with the gypsies. "She's quite the feisty little thing, isn't she?" He agreed, another chuckle escaping his lips. He looked back to his brother as the male continued on about her being the fruit that would forever be out of his reach. The male rolled his eyes. "Fate decided to screw me, for once, I suppose." He muttered. Justinian then told him about how he had spent his own day searching for his brother in the hopes of finding him before their father did. He grinned. "Sorry for that. As I said,I didn't even know where I was until I stumbled across the Beaumont household."

"Your new girlfriend knocked me off her horse. She has sharp elbows."

Callan rolled his eyes once more, and opened his mouth to reply, but just as he did so there was a sharp knock at the door. "Come in." He called out, halfway glancing at the door. A servant entered cautiously, giving the two men before him a polite bow. "Prince Callan. Prince Justinian." He greeted. "The King has instructed me to call you both down for dinner." The servant announced, before turning and leaving them be once more.

Callan looked back to his brother. "I suppose that means I'm to go see how the Lady Annakarah is getting on so far." The male gave a heavy sigh, as though the task were a daunting one. "You'd best head down and assure father that I haven't vanished again already." Callan rose to his feet with some hesitation, picking up the bottle of wine again and draining it of it's last few drops without bothering to pour the remaining morsels into his glass."Wish me luck." He added with a wiggle of his eyebrows before heading for the door.

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Not too keen?” He snorted. “I figured you’d be seeing what they’d be willing to do in order to be in the running.” He could only imagine the drama to ensue from there. Yet, Callan said it wasn’t his particular brand of fun, so he would count his blessings! As for their father not being that cruel… “I’m sorry…Have you met our father?” He snorted. Their father could most certainly be that horrid if he thought it would be of use in teaching someone a lesson, or just his own amusement if the level of intoxication was just-so. Wasn’t that part of what why everyone drank so much?

He chuckled when his brother talked of the impending show. Then asked about his age. “Oh…” He tsked. “I thought I saw a wrinkle. Maybe she worries over your balls being too saggy while she’s forced to look at those horrid crevices on your face as you mount her.” He choked on his wine, and almost fell out of the seat with a laugh.

I think we both know father’s reaction would be in direct proportion to whatever you do to set him off. You took off without a word, and popped up at the home of his best friend, and returned with his daughter in tow. Now…” He gave a wave with his hand. “Now, you’re having to play charming host to her. You do something horrid he thinks you need punished for, your guess is as good as mine as to what your punishment is going to be. He could subject you to that level of torment, worse, or castrate you. Maybe all the above.” He could cling to whatever hope he wanted. It didn’t change the fact that his father would do whatever he pleased in punishing his eldest son, and dragging whoever else into he could.

Justinian kept his hopes to himself that Callan would do just that, trip over himself to the lady’s chambers, and put on a splendid show for the rest of them to have a good laugh at. The Lady might not think it so funny, but the rest of them would certainly enjoy Callan’s discomfort. He giggled at Callan when he called the girl feisty. “Yes. Feisty…” He lifted up both hands. “She seems like she’d be quite the handful.” He playfully squeezed the air. He’d pay money to watch Callan say such a thing, and get punched. Maybe he’d remember it after one too many glasses of wine, and they’d find out.

But before they could joke any more, a servant came to tell them it was time for dinner. He tipped back his drink, and hopped up from the seat. “I’d best change. Used that excuse to leave earlier, and if I show up in the same clothes, I don’t know if he’ll be drunk enough to not notice.” He clapped his brother on the shoulder, and slipped off to go get changed. “Try not to get stabbed in the kidney on the way to dinner.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 am

Callan grinned. "On second thought, you might be on to something." He gave a wink, bursting into laughter as he continued on to say that perhaps he was becoming too saggy. He smacked Justinian on the arm as they made their way out the door. "Don't joke about my face, brother, you know I take great care in ensuring it's soft and smooth complexion." He said in an offended tone, though a smile still played at the edges of his lips. Callan stopped just outside the door. "I suppose it doesn't matter if he castrates me. You're the important one. It's a wonder he hasn't already, now that I think of it." He said with a laugh before turning down the hallway to make his way towards the guest wing once more.

"Try not to get stabbed in the kidney on the way to dinner."

Callan let out another chuckle and waved from the end of the hall. "I shall do my very best, but I make no promises!" He called back, before disappearing around the corner. He turned a few more, down hall after hall before finally returning to the room he had last left Lady Annakarah in. He stopped outside the door for a moment, straightening up his clothes before tapping on the door with his fist. He leaned against the side of the wall with his arms crossed, waiting for her to open the door and find him waiting there for her with his usual mischievous grin.

He held the pose, ready to make some horrid remark as soon as she answered, but when she stepped out of the room his words seemed to fail him momentarily. She was no longer in strange clothing that was easy to make fun of, or looking wild as the horse she had ridden here on. Instead she was dressed for court, with her hair tied intricately up on her head. In fact, he found himself gawking, if only briefly. "You clean up nicely." He said, without really thinking about the words coming out of his mouth. He quickly recomposed himself, however, standing upright once more and holding out his arm in a gentlemanly fashion. Whether she would take it or refuse it was another story entirely. Perhaps she thought him too vile or old to even pretend they were getting along alright. He couldn't let the relative peace last, however. It wouldn't be right. "I trust that your bath was enjoyable, even without my company?"

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home // the guest hall ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Annakarah ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:22 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T h e x L a d y x G y p s y
A N N A K A R A H x B E A U M O N T

Places: the halls xxxxFaces: Callan
castle wear

What in the name of the gods do you think you’re up to, sending me here without a word, or a chance to plan!? No! You send me here without a word! You have your best friend blindside me?! Did you hate me so much that since The Hag couldn’t be rid of me selling me off to that brothel, you send me here the moment you know you’re not going to die with the next rising sun!? Honestly, if you didn’t want me coming home, saving your life, or taking care of you and everything our family has held for years and generations in varying degrees, why didn’t you just tell me to stay with the gypsies!? If you just needed a break from me, all you had to do was tell me to go herb gathering for a few days! There was no need to torture me!

She reached the end of that parchment, and wadded it up. She’d toss it into the fire later. Along with the rest of the false starts. She was about to just scribble a bunch of lines on the sheet, with a crude illustration of what her father could do with all of his lovely ideas when she heard the knock at the door. A quick glance at the window had her realizing that it was probably time for dinner. “Coming,” she called, though she doubted it carried beyond the thick door.

The look on Callan’s face was worth the extra work. If he was gawking, already having had a few run-ins with her, perhaps she’d shock the rest into leaving her be for an evening. “Well, thank you,” she said, a dry note to her tone. “Don’t look so awful yourself. Certainly suits your better than my father’s old things.” She took his arm, making sure to keep her hand to the fabric that covered his arm. Then he asked about her bath… “All the more for your absence.” She kept her voice light. If he was going to be an annoying s**t, then she was going to let him know his little advances weren’t welcome. She removed her hand before he could be encouraged to try to keep up with his own little entertainment at her expense. She had an entire dinner to get through. Probably best to deal with him in measured increments.

Ten years away from home…And she just wanted to be there…A week…Perhaps she could insist on early starts, and coming in with just enough time to get ready for dinner, and cut a day or two off of seeing the city as the King insisted. “Would it be too much to ask that we start with the tour after breakfast tomorrow, or are you going to need more time recuperate from your night of boozing?” She had a likely vain hope they were close enough to the dining hall to be spared him saying something along the lines of only needing enough time to make it from her room to his for a change of clothes before they left out to the markets so he could begin is day-drinking.

Perhaps if we’re seen to be making an effort of the sight-seeing, then your father will grow bored, and forget, and I can go home.” She sighed. “I’m sure you’d much rather me be there, and leave your day open for your favorite pastimes.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:28 am

He was almost surprised when she took his arm, allowing him to lead the way towards the dining hall. He had half expected her to ignore it completely. And what was more, she even returned the compliment, stating that his own clothes suited him better than the borrowed ones had. Perhaps he wasn't so revolting as he had worried. The idea boosted his ego back up just a bit. It was almost as though he were speaking to a completely different person. That is... Until he opened his mouth again. He just couldn't seem to help himself. Lady Annakarah was quick to remove the hand she had graciously allowed him, clearly not having anything he might throw. He was back to square one, it seemed. "Don't be so quick to assume." He said with a sly smile, suggesting that she wouldn't know it was better without him present until she knew what it was like with.

"Would it be too much to ask that we start with the tour after breakfast tomorrow, or are you going to need more time to recuperate from your night of boozing?"

Callan chuckled slightly at her question, thinking through his many possible responses. "I'm afraid I have a habit of sleeping through breakfast... Although if you'd like me to fall asleep in your bed instead of my own, you can wake me whenever you're ready to leave." He said with a grin. He had nearly seemed civil when he had arrived, he just never seemed to be able to keep it that way. "Of course, in that case, we could always stay in a bit longer. My task first and foremost is to keep you entertained, is it not?" He continued, digging his hole a bit further.

"Really though, it's a lovely idea. Spending the optimal amount of time together. I knew you'd come around." Once again, his civil start quickly dissipated. He then put on a face that was only slightly more serious. "I think you underestimate my father's will-power." He added with a laugh, suddenly sounding like a normal human being again. "I expect that if we appear to be making an effort, he will cut this nonsense short, but maybe not so short as you hope. He'll need to see a great deal of my discomfort before he's willing to throw in the towel." Callan explained, before turning to her with raised eyebrows. "Then again, you could always join my favorite past times." He suggested. Thankfully the stairs reappeared, putting them near enough to the dining hall that there would now be plenty of guards as witness should she try to cut his throat right there in the hall.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home // the main staircase ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Annakarah ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Places: leaving the dining hall xxxxFaces: Prince Callan
castle wear

She heard him shout, and grinned as it echoed, meeting her as she escaped. Served him right for not covering his mouth with a napkin when he wanted to spew the contents of his mouth everywhere. Her amusement was short-lived. It didn’t take him long to catch up with her using his awkward gait. “Oh, I’m sure whatever burning I’ve caused on your loins, and not in them, is only working to sanitize an already infected area.” She’d made no secret of her views of his extra-curricular activities. They weren’t engaged, so it was none of her business outside of her finding him unclean, and wanting to avoid being touched by him.

Prince Callan, if ever I want your pants off, I’ll take them off myself with no help from you, I can assure you.” Most likely, it would be to geld him for some obvious overstepping of bounds. Even he wouldn’t be able to look back after, and claim to not have known to expect it after whatever might lead to such a thing. “You’d do best to keep them on if you want to try to keep everything intact.

He wanted her to kiss him where?!

She turned, intent on showing him exactly what she had meant when she’d told him he’d want to keep his pants on. It would be the only way to protect his precious jewels from getting harvested for jewelry. She caught herself, and he asked about the stifling atmosphere. She kept her hands to herself, and started down the halls, following his lead. “I don’t think I’ve felt that much tension since I stumbled upon the Gypsies for the first time,” she muttered. That had been every tense-her in obviously torn clothes from a struggle, her hair a mess, breathing hard as she tried to decide if the men could be trusted. Then the two men from the brothel that had paid The Hag for her when she’d tried to sell her running upon them just after her. She’d ran right for the biggest man in the caravan, begging for help, praying they would be able to understand her. She’d watched two men get killed right across a fire, and that hadn’t been nearly as tense as the dinner she’d just left, she didn’t think. “I watched someone die for the first time that night. At least we were spared such a dramatic turn of events.” She didn’t go into details. He wouldn’t care, and he’d just treat her to another snide, false exclamation of interest.

Where were they? She didn't recognize the hall he'd turned them down.

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 am

Callan couldn't help but roll his eyes at Anna's response. "I assure you, I am much cleaner than you give me credit for." He told her, giving a chuckle. He couldn't quite get what her obsession with cleanliness was, but he thought it rather absurd. He bathed quite regularly, and had even done so this very day in her own home. What more could she possibly expect of him? He decided not to dwell on it further, though, and continued on a bit until she spoke on the subject of removing his pants.

The prince turned to glance back at her with a wink. "Is that a promise?" He asked, a hint of hope in his voice. Perhaps he could behave himself just a little if he was to get some kind of payoff out of it. Then again, he wasn't even sure how long he could pull that off before he let something stupid out. That plan would likely be over before it even began. He didn't see her reaction to his next question, for they had arrived at his room -- he had gone there on instinct, forgetting that she likely didn't know her own way back to her guest chambers yet. He pushed open the door as Annakarah spoke once again.

For once it seemed they were in agreement. The tension in the room had been palpable -- and it had been Justinian instead of Callan worsening the situation, at that. A rare occurrence that his brother should draw more attention of the two of them. In addition, their father had drank himself to sleep at the table, leaving only the Queen to deal with the arguing, the b*****d, and the guest. She would likely be relieved they had left -- and even more angry that they had driven their guest away so quickly. Callan paused at the door, looking back at her curiously as she made some connection to the tension in the hall and tensions with the gypsies. She seemed to go rather quiet as she thought about it, and her last comment was both a bit curious and morbid all at the same time. "I suppose there is that..." He agreed, though he was a bit stuck on the former portion of the sentence.

He gestured at the doorway, as though asking silently whether she planned on following him in to his room as well as to the door, though for once it didn't seem to have any crude implications behind it. Instead, his brow was furrowed in thought. "You watched someone die?" He imagined she would have been quite young, considering she could not be too incredibly old now, and the thought of a child having to witness a death somehow sat uneasily with him.

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Places: outside Callan's room xxxxFaces: Prince Callan
castle wear

It wasn’t entirely a physical cleanliness that she was worried over, but he wouldn’t understand. She’d just let him get offended that he didn’t stink as he seemed to think was the issue. A male who had so many conquests would likely always find a woman he tried to settle down with-or was forced to settle for-wanting, lacking, and she found it hard to believe he could ever have much of a meaningful relationship…

At least not the sort she wanted, even if she didn’t live the exact life she wanted.

This was not the hall where her room was located. She stopped when Callan did, and he opened the door to a room that as not hers. There was a look of invitation, and expectation…She as not going into Callan’s room! Going into his room without several others to vouch for the activities that occurred within was one of those things that could prevent her from having any semblance of the future she wanted.

Two someones,” she informed him when he paused at the door, seemingly a little flabbergasted by what she’s confessed. She didn’t give him the details. He looked a little pale under the collar at what she’d already confessed. The details might just make him lose what bit of soup he’d had already, and she’d rather not have to have vomit, and wine stains cleaned from the dress if she could keep from it. “If that shocks you, are you going to faint if I tell you my new foster father was teaching me how to kill someone bigger than me not three days later?

Her lips turned up in a wry smile. “Are you one of those highborns who don’t know how to change his own trousers, Prince Callan?” She knew better. He’d dressed himself earlier, but it would likely rub him the wrong way, and that was always good for a giggle.

I can wait out here while you get yourself situated.” People already thought her tainted enough by her time with living with the Gypsies. She had no aspirations for some highborn lord with pretty manners, and airs. She would be content with a good, honest man that worked hard, and she could trust. She doubted she’d find that if news that she’d been in Callan’s room started floating about. “Or would you like me to call a footman to assist you?

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Diandra Moon

Divine Muse

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Crew

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 am

Callan raised an eyebrow at the strange look she gave him, though for once he hadn't thought he'd said anything to provoke it. He only shrugged, however, and let his brows furrow further when she went on to tell him it was in fact two people. It wasn't necessarily that death bothered him so much, but the thought of a young child watching people die was a bit sickening. His expression only became more distraught as she continued talking about it, saying that she was learning to do the same herself only a few days after. "What were you, five?" He asked incredulously, crossing his arms over his chest as he spouted the first number that came to mind.

Callan shook his head a bit as Annakarah turned her lips up in a smile, poking fun at his ability to dress himself. "If you're offering to help, I won't turn it down." He replied, letting his own mischievous grin cross his face. If she was trying to put him down, he wasn't above ruining his attempt at an ordinary conversation. He could just as easily play that game -- though he wasn't about to say no should she actually change her mind. "Otherwise, I think I'd prefer to take care of myself." He didn't need a footman to help him. He'd sooner find one of the servant girls to keep him company. It wouldn't be too difficult.

"Well, if you're done getting my hopes up, Lady Annakarah, I think it's time we both turned in for the night, don't you? Especially if you're forcing me to get up far earlier than I'm used to." Callan shifted his stance a bit, unfolding his arms again to grasp the door. Before he closed it, however, he peeked further into the hall to spot a passing maid. He was not so drunk that he hadn't remembered that Annakarah was still new to their home. "You there! Would you be so kind as to show Lady Beaumont back to her room for the evening?" He requested, giving the maid a nod and giving Anna a more dramatic look. "I will do my very best to be on time for the morning's activities. Goodnight." He gave her a final nod before closing the door and going off to change out of his tea-covered trousers.

Diandra Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Castle Of Amaria

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items